I don't mind Mondays, generally. But going back to work after a long 4 day weekend can give me a case of the Crabbies.
Time for a little Simple Happies list to banish the Crabbies. Today I am happy for:
|took this on my walk to work today|
- morning sunlight on the Chicago river
- getting a seat on the el by sitting next to the weird dude on the train who was wearing a handmade JUDGEMENT DAY hat and carrying a sandwich board, when everyone was avoiding sitting by him
- noise-cancelling headphones that blocked him out while he ranted at the poor commuters packed around me
- zesty spice hummus
- fresh air and winter sunshine -- crisp and chilly but not bitter
- ridiculously funny mental image from my sister's Facebook status update, about how she looked when trying Zumba for the first time
- two Christmas parties and a holiday bonus to look forward to this week
And also I lost more even with the big holiday and all the fattening foods I ate Thursday AND Friday. Not that I want to let the number on the scale define my life or my day, but it is exciting when a place where I am making some effort shows positive results!